Tuesday 3 January 2012

Prosit Neujahr!

Bonne année et bonne santé,  あけましておめでとうございます, and Happy New Year!
Today I started on prepping the first of my Wurttembergers.  I'll begin with what will be either some skirmishers or part of an infantry firing line- I haven't decided yet, in large part because I'm not sure how the Wurttemburg line infantry organized their skirmishers. 

Being organized on a four-company model, the Wurttemberg line infantry didn't have a light company unlike some of France's German allies, so I'm unsure whether they called out men from the third ranks for skirmishers, relied instead on their own light infantry and jager regiments, or whether they had a different system altogether- or no skirmishers at all.

I haven't been able to find any concrete information on this, so if anyone out there can shed any amount of light on the subject, it would be much appreciated.  I've posted a query on TMP, so hopefully someone out there knows something!

Work on my French light regiment also continues apace.  The first complete stand should be ready tomorrow.  Also today I varnished the backs of the Litko bases, a necessary step to prevent warping once the  bases are textured (especially once the rainy season sets in here during July).

Here's a photo of the train wreck that is now my painting table, and you'll just have to take my word for it that there is some finished work emerging from all that chaos...




2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Organised chaos though.....

Robert said...

I confess, it was tidied up a bit for the photo!